Thursday, February 5, 2009

Terrible 2 Weeks & NOW We're Moving On

As you know, it's been a really hard past two weeks. We lost our second baby in a miscarriage that happened the day after the inaguration. Then the next day, I found out that my precious cat had a tumor and needed surgery. Oh great! Then that following Monday, I had to attend my grandmother's funeral. During all of this, I was in physical pain from the miscarriage.

As it's been 2 weeks now, we're beginning to feel better. I guess you just can't get any worse huh? SHHH, I don't want to push it. :) The physical pain is mostly gone, the cat's tumor ended up only being an infection, and my grandmother's funeral was very nice. In a way, her death wasn't that terrible. She's had Alzheimer's for years, so she's been gone in our minds for a long time. I just needed to get all of that off my chest.

Moving on, I'm starting many activities. I'm taking a sewing class. I want to be a Jill of all trades learning a little bit of everything and it's nice to just take a fun class since I NOW have my degree! YAY! I'm helping a friend make six-fold ties for his upcoming business (if anyone's interested in a silk tie let me know). I'm organizing my household more to my liking and getting excited for our move to Tucson.

Overall, life goes on and though it sure is challenging, it's good.

1 comment:

The Hanchetts said...

I'm so sorry about your grandma...and the funeral. Everything bad does happen at once and then at that point you can't get any lower and then you can only go up from there. So I'm happy you are on your journey back up. I can't wait for you guys to get to Tucson!! I am relaly counting down because then I can have a great girl friend close and I can hang with. I can't wait!!! May will be here VERY soon.