Tuesday, April 21, 2009

ATTENTION ALL MOTHERS

Hi. This can be for anyone that has ideas, but moms probably have the most experience with it. For a while now, Noah has had cradle cap on his head. You know that icky yellow stuff that looks like he has scales? Anyways, I've tried different methods in getting it off but they haven't totally rid his head of the cradle cap. We tried to just let time work it off, dandruff shampoo & brushing it in, and now I've tried this Disney Winnie the Pooh thing that says it's specifically for cradle cap. I tried that and it helps some, but it drives me crazy b/c it leaves his hair greasy and it smells like dog shampoo.


Anyone have any ideas so my child can finally be totally cradle cap free and not smell like an animal?

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

One of my friends used cetaphil lotion. Her son had cradle cap really bad and it worked great! I'm not sure what it smells like, but hopefully it smells better than dog shampoo.

The Coopers said...

Kenzie had it for a little while. I used that little brush that they give you in the hospital and lightly scrubed it every time I cave her a bath. I also uset Aquaphor lotion on it and that kept it away :)

Ixchelle said...

Shaden's doc told me to try putting a little baby oil on the spots before I gave him a bath then use a little brush on the spots while in the bath.

Jared and Jennifer said...

Try putting a little baby oil in his hair and gently rubbing it in...works best in damp hair. THen use a VERY fine tooth comb (not the soft brush from the hospital...a real comb) and gently brush from front to back. This is supposed to lift the scales and the comb helps remove them. THen just was with regular baby shampoo. do daily until the scales go away. Hope this helps!