Thursday, March 26, 2009

Noah's New Haircut

So, I've been delaying cutting Noah's hair. Even though it was getting long, I thought it was cute that it could be hanging down his forehead for a relaxed look or swept to the side for a more formal look. This was my rationalization. Well, I finally decided to cut it when his hair was about to touch his eyebrows.

This is his before picture (his hair was even longer by the time I cut it):




The next time Noah was asleep, I just cut his hair on the front because he really doesn't have too much hair in other places. You can probably already guess where this is going. :) Now mind you, I have never cut hair before (much less boys' hair). I guess I cut it wrong. I guess you are supposed to lift the hair up between your fingers and then snip it off. I didn't see the harm in just snipping it straight off while it was laying on his forehead. I mean, c'mon, all I wanted to do was simply make the hair shorter. Oh well. To top it off, I cut it too short. I didn't realize this until it was too late and I could see darker hairs that are close to his head that I had passed. Again, oh well. Now he looks like he is wearing a helmet.

I think it's ADORABLE! I think it's hysterical and cute. Heck, he won't even remember it and I now have an experience and pictures to embarass him when he's older if I want to. (Danny doesn't think it's so cute. :) He wants to shave it all off and he said he will cut hair from now on. Go for it. Secretly, I think it's growing on Danny anyways.

So here is the fabulously unique helmet head (It's the best picture of it that I could get b/c he's always moving):



WHAT DO YOU THINK?

1 comment:

The Hanchetts said...

Ha!! That is SO funny! Of course to you Noah is just your little boy. To Danny, Noah is his little jr...fashioned after him...so if Noah looks funny (he's actually pretty cute!)then Danny looks funny! :)
I love it!
Just wait until Danny botches his hair and then you can get him back. :)